Monday, March 10, 2014

A new season

In three weeks I start Phase II/school of ministry development!!!!! I'm so excited!
In the school I will learn these topics (as written on website)-
  •  Spiritual Leadership
  • Understanding God's Call On Your Life
  • Stewardship
  • Raising Support In Missions
  • Public Speaking
  • Personal Giftings
  • Spiritual Authority
  • Effective Personal Ministry
  • Worldview
  • Projects like: Public Speaking, outreach planning and leading, scripture memorization and
    Geography
It's such  a blessing to be able to have done an around the world DTS and now about to do a  school of ministry development all in YWAM Denver within a year. It's so cool to me that I am incredibly excited about this...last time I was about to embark on the journey to DTS I had horrible anxiety that would literally make me sick. I knew it was an attack of the devil and I wasn't going to let him get his way. That DTS ended up changing my life forever. They say DTS means to Die To Self therefore I'm in the school of brokenness for the rest of my life and I cant think of anything better I should be doing with my life.
    Since I was 12 I have had big dreams to be on staff with YWAM, though I wanted to be on staff in France, I don't feel like God is calling me there just yet. This summer being on outreach at our first location Costa Rica, God came to me in worship wanting me to stay in Denver at the base continuing on staff. I was taken back to times during school when someone would ask me if I was thinking about doing a phase II or continuing on staff and remembering that my response was always a no, maybe that was God asking me and His way of preparing me for the moment He would put that desire in my heart. Since then I have felt complete Peace about it all and everything so far has worked out.
     
    I recently moved up to Colorado Springs, where I work full time at Dairy Queen and live life as an adult. I enjoy living on my own and everything that comes with it. In my spare time I have been working on pictures in my photography skills. I'm not the best just yet but I am working on it. Here are a few:
     Right now God has me in a "setup" season. I've been stretched and grown in so many different ways. It's been an incredibly challenging season but, it's been worth it. God is always so good to either put us in seasons of rest, seasons of focusing on specific things, seasons of working and the list could go on. Each season is preparing us in some way for the next and if it isn't, it's setting us up for a big season up ahead. While reminiscing of the past year I remembered a year ago when I was on a student leadership retreat where we went to Oklahoma. When we first arrived we got to hangout in a mall, where we were challenged to meet two strangers and talk to them about Jesus. In my head I can remember being incredibly scared about doing this, I definitely had some trouble along the way but I ended up doing so with flying colors. If I was asked to now, I wouldn't feel scared nor in the least nervous. Because God used that time to get me familiar with what I would be doing all over the world. In that time I wasn't afraid to talk about Him, I was afraid of rejection. Rejection has always been one of my biggest fears growing up, though its happened a lot. Since DTS I have been healed of that. God is amazing. I couldn't have made it this far into my dreams without Him.

     
.And if you haven't seen my video from my missions trip this summer around the world, here it is.:)
For more videos you can go to My Page by searching YWAM Adventures on YouTube.
 

Wildatheart
Katie Jones-living life to it's fullest with my best friend
next blog post expected-4/6/14